[Seaside] Re: NetNameResolver timeout

David Farber dfarber at numenor.com
Wed Feb 5 20:22:52 CET 2003

Doing

[Socket initializeNetwork] fork.
Socket initializeNetwork.

messes up something--most likely a semaphore in the VM. In this case, the name resolver waits for the entire timeout before returning. Exiting Squeak and restarting the image resolves the problem.

The tricky it is that the two lines of code can be spread fairly far apart and the problem still occurs. That makes it tricky to catch.

david