[Seaside] REST, bookmarkable URL's

Cees de Groot seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
2 Jan 2003 15:23:52 +0100

Seaside (and in fact the app I'm working on myself) is in conflict with REST
because URL's don't define resources. I vaguely recall that we had this
discussion before - James Robertson brought it up as an argument against
packages like Seaside (and, to be fair, VW's on VisualWave), and I couldn't
remember how the discussion was left over here.

I was wondering whether it would be possible to have, say, a 'bookmark me'
button on a page which would add a bookmarkable URL to the browser's links.
That's a) a matter of Seaside to interpret the URL, ask for a login if
necessary, and then move to the indicated resource, and b) a matter of
Javascript (is it possible to add bookmarks from Javascript?).

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>
Cogito ergo evigilo