[Seaside] Computation has been terminated

Avi Bryant seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon Jan 13 23:18:19 CET 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Derek Brans wrote:

> Avi, thanks for your reply.
>
> I did some hunting around and noticed that I overrode "initialize" on
> the class side in one of my entryPoint components.  I added "super
> initialize" and the application seems to be working now.  Would that
> mistake account for the error I was seeing?

I doubt it...

> Why does WAComponent>>initialize recompile all its subclasses?

It has to do with the compiler hacks that 2.0 versions use to get
backtrackable state.  Because I use DVS and so don't have direct control
over fileIn order, some component methods get compiled before the proper
#compilerClass is set on WAComponent.  WAComponent>>initialize gets called
at the end of the file in, and ensures that everything's recompiled with
the right compiler.