[Seaside] seaside with mod proxy: mapping urls to applications

Avi Bryant seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon Jan 13 23:20:55 CET 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> I too think, that making the urls relative is the easiest solution. This
> means that there is no "/seaside/appname/3?213" anymore but only "3?213"
> instead. This will solve the probem that arises if you want to map
> www.mydomain.com/myapp/  to localhost:1234/seaside/myapp1/. And there will
> be no .../.../ because Seaside always stays in the same directory. Or am I
> missing something?
>
> Maybe a new option could be added to the configuration of applications
> where - like cookies - could be said if relative or absolute urls should be
> used.

Relative urls limit flexibility too much, I think.  Instead, I'll just
make the base url configurable - this would default to /seaside/myapp, but
could be changed to http://www.mydomain.com/myapp/ or whatever else you
wanted, in a proxy situation.  All generated links will start with this
base url.

Actually the recent 2.1 releases go most of the way towards this, but it
won't quite work for proxies yet, I don't think.