[Seaside] Am doing things properly? -djb

Derek Brans brans at nerdonawire.com
Thu Jan 30 09:11:28 CET 2003

Avi,

Something that's been frustrating me with Seaside is that I still don't
really  understand it.

It's partly documentation but it's also deeper:  I've never seen a web
server before.  I've never seen continuations before.  I don't know what
the design goals were of Seaside and how they were accomplished.

The problem is that I don't just want to _use_ it.  I want to be a part
of building it.  That's what I like about Smalltalk.  You get to get
your hands dirty in the heart of code.  But with Seaside I feel like the
code is hidden behind my lack of understanding.

Can you point me in the right direction for learning more?  Hey, I could
help you video a lecture and put it online if you wanted.
Thank you,
Derek