[Seaside] Can't seem to get HTTP Auth working

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Wed Jul 2 18:04:31 CEST 2003

I'm trying to make use of Seaside for an application and have installed
the current version from SqueakMap.  One of the features involves HTTP
Basic Authentication and looking around I thought subclassing
WAComponent (call my class MyComponent for the sake of discussion) and
using an incantation like this would have the desired effect:

MyComponent registerAsApplication: 'myplace'
	sessionClass: WAAuthenticatedSession.
WAKom startOn: 8000

But this doesn't seem to provide a different result from using the
default session class.  I've been investigating it all day (learning
about Seaside in the process) and the best I can find so far is that
WAControllerSession overrides WASession>>start: but then never calls
self start.  This would seem to be necessary for the authentication
steps to take place as implemented by WAAuthenticatedSession>>start.

Ken Causey