[Seaside] Interaction with non-Seaside site

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Mon Jul 21 21:51:24 CEST 2003

Nevin Pratt wrote:

 <..snip the sample code and explanation...>

> The above sample code has
>   http://secure.iongate.com/iongate.asp
> instead of
>   https://secure.iongate.com/iongate.asp
>
> I'm sure you can see the issue there :-)  I use (and have configured)
> 'Stunnel' as an SSL server, but the above code requires an SSL client
> to connect to IonGate's SSL server.  Thus, Stunnel needs to be
> configured to be usable as both an SSL client *and* an SSL server (or
> else I need some other SSL client mechanism, or else I need to go with
> API #2 from my previous email and use the SSL client capabilities of
> the customer's browser).
>
> I've not yet resolved that issue.
>
> Nevin

Stunnel doesn't seem to be configurable to simultaneously be an SSL
client *and* an SSL server, so I started up a second instance of Stunnel
to be the SSL client.  Thus, the above becomes

   https://localhost:{my client stunnel port}/iongate.asp

with {my client stunnel port} replaced with the actual port number that
I've set the second instance of Stunnel up on.  This client instance of
Stunnel then forwards to 'secure.iongate.com:443' (thus establishing a
secure connection), and things seem to work fine.

I've now got a working 'server-to-server' SSL connection between my own
server and my IonGate Credit Card Authorization Gateway.  It wasn't that
hard.

I haven't actually put it into production yet, though, because  I want
to test some more.

Nevin

--
Nevin Pratt