[Seaside] Seaside with no ports

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Jul 31 14:13:28 CEST 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Michael Rueger wrote:

> > mod_lisp would still require a port to be open, it just wouldn't be
> > listening for HTTP.
>
> But that would be an internal port, meaning could be in user space
> (>1024) and hidden behind the firewall.

Yup.  But you could do the same thing with Comanche and mod_proxy.

> BTW, does anyone know the state of mod_smalltalk? The download doesn't
> seem to be available  any more?

That was a FastCGI implementation for Squeak, right?

FastCGI is more complex than it's worth, IMO.  I do, however, want to
write a mod_seaside that does intelligent things with load balancing and
session affinity, so that you can have multiple images serving one URL.

I have a feeling this won't end up getting done until some client asks for
it, however...