[Seaside] Lingering objects

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Wed Jun 4 12:49:57 CEST 2003

  Avi,

> >   Now "ComancheNetService services" returns empty dictionary, all
> > subinstances of ComancheService and ComancheServer are #stop'ed (and
> > #unregister'ed).  But still some instances of ComancheServer,
> > HttpAdaptor, and WAKom linger.
>
> The root of any objects related to Seaside is the singleton instance of
> WADispatcher (or, in slightly earlier snapshots where WADispatcher doesn't
> exist, WARegistry).  What happens if you nil out its 'default' class side
> instance variable, and then garbage collect?  If there are still lingering
> instances, we have a problem.

  I tried this, and voila, it worked. The default applications went
away, too:-), but I managed to restore them.  It was puzzling when I
had 8 ComancheServers in my image:-) I now understand that the
'entryPoints' inst var (transitively) holds the continuations that
hold those contexts.

  Thank you for your suggestion!

-- Yoshiki