[Seaside] gotos with 2.3b?

Derek Brans brans at nerdonawire.com
Wed Jun 4 16:15:54 CEST 2003

> I get a list of companies, I cilck on it.. and nothing happens.

Does the url change when you click on a company?

Make sure you're not recreating the list component or one of it's ancestors
on every rendering.

The error would be equivalent to this:
ParentComponent>>renderContentOn: html
    html render: CompanyList new.

All subcomponents need to be kept in instance variables of their parents
between renderings, otherwise state about delegation is lost.

Something like this would be better.
ParentComponent>>renderContentOn: html
    html render: myList.

Where myList was initialized in the parent's initialize method perhaps.
ParentComponent>>initialize
    myList := CompanyList new.

Another thing you can try is calling a component that you know works like
WACounter.

If you have a simple example you can email it to me and I'll have a look at
it.

Derek Brans
Nerd on a Wire
Web design that's anything but square