[Seaside] HtmlCharacters, missing #escapeEntities, and #hideFromRobots:

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Tue Jun 10 12:46:00 CEST 2003

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Keith P. Hodges wrote:

> I found that the commanche script provided in the 6.1 readme said
> WAKom new, and I think it should say WAKom default. (I have emailed
> Stephen Pair).

WAKom new was correct when Stephen wrote that readme, WAKom has changed
since (to more flexibly support Kom 6.1).  You'll notice WAKom
class>>entryPoint:path:, which lets you wrap any Component with a
Comanche module; this lets you use Comanche to define your url namespace,
rather than the default WADispatcher + /config app.

> 1. Attached changeset for HtmlCharacters
>
> e.g. html encodeText: 'the>encoded'. -> 'the>encoded;'

Thanks.  This has been integrated and committed.  The only significant
change I made was to rename #encodeChar: to #encodeCharacter: (I generally
dislike abbreviations).

> 2. Attached changeset for HTMLRenderer-i-#hideFromRobots which pops
> the html rendering off the stack and re-renders it using javascript
> writes, given that robots are unlikely to execute javascript.

This is very interesting, but I don't think I'm ready to integrate it
yet.  It seems to me a very specialized need, and the implementation
(altering the rendering stack) is necessarily a bit messy.
I'm open to being convinced, however.

Cheers,
Avi