metaTagNamed: (Was Re: [Seaside] inHeadDo:)

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Fri Jun 13 06:48:52 CEST 2003

Brian Brown wrote:

> On Thursday, Jun 12, 2003, at 18:53 America/Denver, Nevin Pratt wrote:
>
>>> metaTagNamed:content:
>>

> Interesting... I don't find this method in my image at all... I'm
> using Seaside from CVS, but haven't updated in a couple of weeks.
>
> On another note, could this technique be used to create a way to do
> the <script></script> tags and add javascript code to the head content?
>
> Brian

*****************************
*****************************
Here's the earlier posts in this thread, which explains
metaTagNamed:content:
*****************************

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Nevin Pratt wrote:

>> In Seaside 2.21, the renderer has the #inHeadDo: method.
>>
>> For Seaside 2.3, the renderer appears to be significantly changed.
>>  Where's the equivalent of #inHeadDo:?

If you look at the implementation of WAHtmlBuilder>>title:, you'll see
that it simply adds a node directly to the document's "head" element.
You can model a #meta: method after this.  My assumption is that there
will be a small finite number of such methods, which will quickly get
added to Builder; #inHeadDo: had a really ugly implementation and I don't
see the need for the generality, so it's gone.

Avi
*****************************

Avi Bryant wrote:

> If you look at the implementation of WAHtmlBuilder>>title:, you'll see
> that it simply adds a node directly to the document's "head" element.
> You can model a #meta: method after this.  My assumption is that there
> will be a small finite number of such methods, which will quickly get
> added to Builder; #inHeadDo: had a really ugly implementation and I don't
> see the need for the generality, so it's gone.
>
> Avi

Like this?:

metaTagNamed: aName content: aString
   document head
       add: (WAHtmlElement named: #meta attributes: {'NAME' -> aName.
'CONTENT' -> aString}

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Nevin Pratt wrote:

>> Like this?:
>>
>> metaTagNamed: aName content: aString
>>     document head
>>         add: (WAHtmlElement named: #meta attributes: {'NAME' -> aName.
>> 'CONTENT' -> aString}

Looks fine to me.