[Seaside] Adding 'test' to application list.

Keith P. Hodges keith.hodges at cheerful.com
Sat Jun 14 19:04:24 CEST 2003

Avi et al,

I find myself wanting to have a standard way of instanciating a test
environment for each of my components. Until recently I would build a
custom Test Class wrapper for each component that was in effect an
application in itself. This would  be along the lines of WATabsTest a
minimal wrapper around and instanciator of WATabs

I see a number of disadvantages of this since it clutters up the
configuration entry points list with my components and their
equivalent test wrapper components.

Viewing the recent discussion on custom entry points for a component,
I came up with the following... does this interest you?

1. change the /seaside/config WAApplicationList to add a link for to
"configure" "remove" or "test" the installed app.

2. By default [WAControllerSession>>createRootFromRequest:] route
requests to class methods on the component.

so request  path /seaside/mycomponent/test instanciates

WAMyComponent newTest.

I felt a prefix was necessary to group these entryPoint methods, but
I wasnt sure that 'new*' was the best name. Perhaps 'open' , 'url',
'entryPoint'.

comments thoughts?

Skipped content of type multipart/appledouble