[Seaside] Convincing Web Application shops to use seaside

Keith P. Hodges keith.hodges at cheerful.com
Sat Jun 14 19:21:13 CEST 2003

All,

I have started a wiki page called "Promoting Seaside"
http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/sea/88
the idea being to promote the whole squeak-commanche-seaside package
to be adopted in commercial web application environments.

For example - we know that squeak runs on all platforms, but others
looking at seaside for the first time do not.

I am not saying we are at that stage yet, but will there come a time
soon when we have a "standard" Squeak Image for developing web
applications - stripped of eToys and Alice in Wonderland etc etc and
loaded with database drivers, commanche, OSProcess, soap, xml,
object serialisation etc etc. Something we could genuinely had over
to a "design shop" and say "developing web applications is easy with
this".

thoughts anyone

Keith