[Seaside] Convincing Web Application shops to use seaside

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sat Jun 14 16:14:14 CEST 2003

On Saturday, June 14, 2003, at 11:15  AM, Avi Bryant wrote:

> I do wonder if there's any chance of convincing shops to use Seaside
> that
> aren't already Smalltalk friendly, however... seems somewhat unlikely.

Ooh. I have to disagree with that one. I became a Squeaker specifically
to use Seaside. Now that I'm here, I've come to appreciate Smalltalk. I
know that there are people out there using Python just because that's
how Zope is implemented. Ditto Java and WebObjects.

Web applications are hard enough that (smart) people will be drawn into
a good framework no matter what language it's in. The trick is to
promote the framework, not the language. That's just an implementation
detail.

-cwp