[Seaside] [goodie] Component naming framework

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Jun 16 02:01:02 CEST 2003

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003, Derek Brans wrote:

> The component captures a copy of the current naming context for use in the
> callback just before it renders itself.  See
> WANamingComponent>>renderWithContext:

Oh, I see, you save the dynamic bindings in an ivar of the class, and then
use that for the lookup.  So the lookup isn't actually dynamic at all, or
rather it's dynamic but in the rendering scope... ok, pretty messy, but it
works.

Except that you need to make your renderingBindings ivar a StateHolder, or
you could in theory get some nasty effects when backtracking - callbacks
will use the bindings captured for the last chronological response for
that component, not the response they were created during.

This isn't code I'm going to adopt immediately, but it's an interesting
approach to keep in mind.

Avi