[Seaside] Convincing Web Application shops to use seaside

tblanchard at mac.com tblanchard at mac.com
Mon Jun 16 13:16:47 CEST 2003

On Saturday, June 14, 2003, at 04:14  PM, Colin Putney wrote:

> I became a Squeaker specifically to use Seaside. Now that I'm here,
> I've come to appreciate Smalltalk. I know that there are people out
> there using Python just because that's how Zope is implemented. Ditto
> Java and WebObjects.
>
> Web applications are hard enough that (smart) people will be drawn
> into a good framework no matter what language it's in. The trick is to
> promote the framework, not the language. That's just an implementation
> detail.

Oh I wish you could have explained that to Apple before they went and
ported WebObjects from ObjectiveC to Java.  But actually, language does
matter somewhat.  For instance, IMO, WebObjects did not survive the
port to Java.  The resulting system is much less productive to use.
Hence my interest in Seaside.

-Todd