[Seaside] escaped html

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Jun 20 16:35:21 CEST 2003

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003, Ragnar Hojland Espinosa wrote:

> Yes, thats what I mean.  I didn't see any encodedText:, and a grep on
> seaside2.3b2.st doesn't give out anything..

I believe it's #encodeText:.

> Hm.. now I know i shouldnt be posting past 0h with no caffeine in the
> system.., but I don't get why would the text: in #nachorWithAction: be
> commonly used to write raw HTML.  Its something like:
>
> 	self openAnchorWithAction: anActionBlock. "<a href=..>"
> 	self text: aText.
> 	self close. "</a>"
>
> I do see its usefulness, but I'd say encoding the text would be orders
> of magnitude more common.  Of course maybe in some other similar
> methods it'd be the other way..

Yes, but I think it's important to be consistent.  I don't really care
which approach we take, but I don't want to have to remember for each
method whether it encodes the text or not.  As it is, I know that if I
ever want the text encoded, I have to manually specify that.  Would people
rather that encoding the text was the default?