[Seaside] Suggestions for related complex data?

Markus Fritsche Fritsche.Markus at gmx.net
Tue Jun 24 22:01:39 CEST 2003

Hi!

I'm writing to ask for Ideas how to set related complex
data? Say, I have a record "article", and want to set the
relation to a distributor, how do I do it best?
Known possibilities:

1. a selection list (selectFromList:selected:callback:label)
   with a button for adding new distributors from the
   article form.
2. a link to my distributor-listing application, causing a
   "select" button on the right side to appear.

Pros and cons:
1. Pro: Selection of a distributor "in place", no need to
switch to a new page and switch back.
Con: not very concise with many distributors
2. Pro: concise, the user knows the distributor-listing
application.
Con: A new page, interrupting the "keyboard" flow of
the user.

Are there other possibilities (javascript, popups)?

Regards, Markus

--
SIGSTOP