[Seaside] Traditional Business Apps in Seaside (was Suggestions for related complex data)

gsa at softhome.net gsa at softhome.net
Tue Jun 24 17:32:30 CEST 2003

Hello:

I really haven't anything important to contribute rather than I want to ask
about developing exactly that type of apps, with strong interactions between
data, something as the entity-relation model, where each entity (table) has
data from another entity (table).

In the relational model a very good product to develop easily that type of
apps with very related data from several tables is MS-Access, making easy to
develop data entry forms with data of another tables (showing in combos by
example). Also a powerful report generator make easy to obtain the info
stored in the db, sumarizing, averaging, etc.

I'm very interested in develop that type of app in Seaside and truly objects
(NOT using relational databases) but not sure about the best way to be
productive and get all the results that I can obtain with Access. Will be
very useful for me any advice (or best) some examples of that type of apps
developed in Seaside.

Also an opinion if that type of app are indicated to solve in Squeak or
Seaside or could be better to solve in the traditional approach (bd + access
or another RAD tools).

Thanks In Advance by the help.

 ---
Germán S. Arduino