[Seaside] Getting more started

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Tue Mar 4 00:18:12 CET 2003

Thanks for your response before, Avi....

Ok, I have created my own class for playing with and successfully
registered it. I've started playing with the various messages in the
Generator (lists, tables, etc.) and now understand how these work
together... very slick!  =)

Now, let's pretend I want to build an app with 3 "pages" from the user
perspective, with a menu that is context sensitive (indicating which
page you are on). How would I go about architecting this? One component
per page and another one for the menu, rendering the menu component
from each page component? And assuming I wanted each page to have the
same layout, would I create a Class message that has the layout code in
it, or would that be another component? (Or am I missing the boat
entirely?)

Not being too familiar with Squeak isn't helping me much, but I'm
learning!

Brian