[Seaside] StateHolder

Masashi Umezawa umejava at mars.dti.ne.jp
Wed Mar 5 19:30:41 CET 2003

Hi,

> > Oh... I haven't noticed that. But ValueHolder in Squeak is very
unpopular.
> > (only a few class references). And since Seaside is somewhat conscious
> > about the portability, I think the protocol should be #value/#value:.
>
> I don't have any problem with that.
> How many people have code out there that already uses #contents that would
> have to be changed?

Both Dolphin and VW have value/value: protocol for ValueHolder.
Since StateHolder was introduced just recently, I think if you changes it
now, the effect would be minimal.

But if you would like to go forward rather than clean up, I do not stop you.
StateHolder is not ValueHolder. So it may be okay even if it has different
protocol.
Is it too early to discuss such meticulous matters?
(Seaside is still dynamically changing day by day).

Cheers,
---
[:masashi | ^umezawa]