[Seaside] Getting more started

Stephen Pair spair at acm.org
Wed Mar 5 08:22:52 CET 2003

Brian Brown wrote:
> Quoting Julian Fitzell <julian at beta4.com>:
>
> > Brian Brown wrote:
> > > Thanks for your response before, Avi....
> > >
> > > Ok, I have created my own class for playing with and successfully
> > > registered it. I've started playing with the various
> messages in the
> > > Generator (lists, tables, etc.) and now understand how these work
> > > together... very slick!  =)
> > >

> Then I forgot to save my image and lost all that :) I wonder
> if that happens a
> lot to newbies like myself, or if I am just especially talented ;)

This is probably a good point for you to get familiar with the .changes
file.  If you bring up the World menu (by clicking on the desktop), then
select "changes...->recently logged changes...", you can browse your
code changes back to your last snapshot.  In the list of changes, you
can highlight specific items and "fileIn selections".  Using this
technique, you can recover work that may not have been saved in an image
(either by quitting without saving, or if you make a change that hoses
your image).

- Stephen