[Seaside] [sagan] structure of metainformation

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Mon Mar 17 22:15:43 CET 2003

Hi Cees

Some time ago, I started to write some "form support" which is driven by a
simple metamodel. It defines type (like text, boolean, date but also
relationships), validationrules and label. By providing a metamodel, you
already have a functional form which is very useful for fast prototyping. It
does rendering the input fields, caching, validation and commiting changes
on success.
Currenty, I haven't had time to work on this further. For simple use, it may
already be useful. Validation rules are missing and maybe also some kind of
RenderingPolicies (but this is not so important for me). There are some
tests and a simple example (also in the test category). (The tests are not
running at the moment, also WATestCounter doesn't, because WATestCase seems
to be broken (?)).

You can find the sources at: http://swiki.netstyle.ch:8080/Adrian/8

If you look at it, I'd really like to hear what you think about it and what
you think could be done better!

Adrian

Adrian Lienhard
www.adrian-lienhard.ch