[Seaside] Where to put a shopping cart

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Tue Mar 25 15:52:25 CET 2003

Avi Bryant wrote:

>  The main reasons it hasn't been released are that
>there's even less documentation for it than for 2.2, and that I've had no
>feedback from anyone trying out the snapshot.
>
>I just put up a new snapshot at
>http://beta4.com/seaside2/downloads/Seaside2-3a2.st if anyone wants it.

OK, maybe I'll give it a go.

If I'm going to rebuild the image anyway, what is your opinion about
using ComancheNG (from SqueakMap) rather than the Comanche 5.1.1 (again
from SqueakMap) for it?

I notice that Stephen Pair is listed as the maintainer for both
versions.  Based on the version comment for ComancheNG, I would guess it
is the version that will see the bulk of future development
maintainence, which suggests we (Squeakers in general) should migrate
toward it and away from Comanche 5.1.1.  But, I haven't (yet) done so
again because of "bleeding edge" concerns.

Nevin