[Seaside] Questions inspired by the tutorial

Keith P. Hodges keith.hodges at cheerful.com
Wed Mar 26 07:47:11 CET 2003

>I like the idea of this wikified tutorial - who started it?

Guilty!

I admit I was struggling with the tutorials, and general wading
through information and misinformation that is lying around. I
thought that wikifying the tutorials might encourage the "seaside"
community to adopt a more effective means of documenting things. If
the framework is going to change on a day to day basis, perhaps the
documentation needs some help to keep up. I hope that things will
stabilize a bit soon, before I embark on a seriously epic seaside
project.

I am sure I am not thick, but I do struggle to piece everything
together. I will reiterate from my experience with Zope. I believe
that any feature that is not documented adequately with examples, may
as well not exist. Squeak does at least allow you to look at the
source code, (Zope's source code was IMHO the stuff nightmares are
made of .. but then python is the only language that I have ever
learnt where I found myself listing "things I do not like about this
language"... come to think of it I have always disliked perl too,
cant think why).

I think I am finally getting there, but I don't find this is for the
faint hearted. I personally do not think that "wade through" the past
emails approach is good enough for documentation. I hope that my
feedback is considered constructive.

best regards

Keith Hodges

p.s. has anyone got any seaside employment opportunities?