[Seaside] JavaScript anyone?

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Fri Mar 28 12:30:22 CET 2003

On Friday 28 March 2003 11:02 am, Nevin Pratt wrote:
> I'd like to know the feeling of the folks on this list concerning the
> use of JavaScript in web apps.  I'm thinking of using a little
> JavaScript, but am a bit concerned about the folks out in the world who
> run their browsers without JavaScript being enabled.

Well, In my experience, when writing web based applications as opposed to
sites for general consumption, you have a lot more leeway in specifying
requirements to your end users, especially if the site requires valid user
accounts to get in.

Typically I wind up using javascript for image rollovers on menus and such,
but recently built a very involved web app where I used javascript to handle
all form submissions. Unfortunately this was before I had heard of Squeak or
even really knew anything about Smalltalk, so the site is in ASP and Python
:)

Brian