[Seaside] CVS code

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Mar 28 12:48:49 CET 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Brian Brown wrote:

> Ok, I used DVS to file in the seaside/Seaside2.st, I installed Comanche 5.5.1
> from SM (before I did the fileIn), and then used WAKom startOn: 9090

I assume you mean Comanche 5.1.1.

> No walkbacks, so far so good... but I get a connection refused when trying to
> connect to the server... are there any other DVS packages I need to load
> since I'm doing this from the CVS version? Right now I have DVS, Kom, and
> Seaside2 listed in the DVS package manager.

No, that should be it.  Are you actually getting a connection refused, or
just no content in the response?  Comanche has this annoying "standalone
server" preference which just eats exceptions and returns a 0 byte
response rather than notifying you that there's an error an any way.
What's even more annoying (Stephen, are you listening?) is that at
least in 5.1 it's a) enabled by default, and b) missing from the
preferences panel so you can't turn it off.

At any rate, if that is what's going on, I would recommend installing Kom
5.0 and turning off that preference, and then trying again.  It's also
quite likely that ComancheNG handles things better.

If it's really a connection refused, though, I don't know what to tell
you.... what does netstat -tan | grep 9090 show?

Avi