[Seaside] [Q] two questions...

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Mar 28 15:29:27 CET 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> Hi Seasiders!
>
> - I'd like to open a popup window which displays a component. How can I do
> this (not the javascript part)? WASession>>urlForDocument: seems to be
> something like I look for. But it doesn't work with a component as the
> argument.

No, that's for static content, ie, a String or a Form or
something.  What you need to do is add a method like this to HtmlRenderer:

urlForAction: aBlock
  ^ actionUrl, '?', (callbacks registerActionCallback: aBlock)

Then somewhere in your javascript generation you would need

url := html urlForAction: [self call: somecomponent]

> - I should have more than one entrypoint for an application. For each
> entrypoint (there are several different domain names) there should be a
> seperate component rendered. With Apache I could e.g. map to different paths
> (such as: ...:8080/seaside/app/domain1/ ...app/domain2/ etc). Section keys
> seem to go into this direction but don't solve the problem. How could this
> be done?

Why do this rather than map to :8080/seaside/domain1/  .../domain2/ etc?
That is, why do they all need to be in the same application?

Avi