[Seaside] action method cause independent redirect

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Sat Mar 29 23:38:49 CET 2003

I am using Seaside 2.3b.

I have a component that has a button with an action method.  That action
method needs to be able to redirect the web request to a completely
different web site.  How do you do that?

In case I'm not being clear, I will explain again, but using a Comanche
module to illustrate.  As you know, any registered Comanche module will
execute the #process: method of the module when a web request comes in.
 The argument to the #process: method is an instance of HttpRequest (you
will see that the argument is typically named 'request' if you browse
implementers of #process:).  Anyway, to redirect the HttpRequest coming
into a Comanche module, you would do this from the #process: method of
your Comanche module:

process: request
    ^ request redirectTo: 'http://www.anywhere.com/somepath'

For the Comanche module, you can also just as easily redirect to a
secure port of some web site thus (just by specifying https instead of
http):

process: request
    ^ request redirectTo: 'https://www.anywhere.com/somepath'

And in reality, this is what I really want to do from the action method
of the button for a Seaside component-- redirect the request to a secure
port of an arbitrary web URL via an 'https' redirect.

How do I do that?

Nevin