[Seaside] Scamper vs. non-Squeak browser

Jim Menard jimm at io.com
Mon May 12 17:48:12 CEST 2003

When I try to use Seaside from within Scamper, it displays the error
message

	error occured retrieving http://localhost:9090/seaside/rate: Could not
resolve the server named:

and the Transcript shows

	jimm.imageredirecting to
/seaside/rate/main/k=1;00fe7b62-84ba-11d7-973a-000393575eca

"rate" is my WAComponent subclass. The same thing happens with any
pre-installed Seaside app such as counter.

I entered the URL "http://localhost:9090/seaside/rate". This same URL
works from other browsers on my machine (I'm on a Mac OS X box; I
normally use Safari).

Other URLs on my machine using the "localhost" machine name work. For
example, I have Apache running and it serves up pages to Scamper
without a problem.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm at io.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
"This looks like a job for Legal Tender!" -- The Tick