[Seaside] Scamper vs. non-Squeak browser

Jim Menard jimm at io.com
Mon May 12 18:01:15 CEST 2003

On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 04:54  PM, Julian Fitzell wrote:

> Jim Menard wrote:
>
>> When I try to use Seaside from within Scamper, it displays the error
>> message
>>     error occured retrieving http://localhost:9090/seaside/rate:
>> Could not resolve the server named:
>> and the Transcript shows
>>     jimm.imageredirecting to
>> /seaside/rate/main/k=1;00fe7b62-84ba-11d7-973a-000393575eca
>> "rate" is my WAComponent subclass. The same thing happens with any
>> pre-installed Seaside app such as counter.
>> I entered the URL "http://localhost:9090/seaside/rate". This same URL
>> works from other browsers on my machine (I'm on a Mac OS X box; I
>> normally use Safari).
>> Other URLs on my machine using the "localhost" machine name work. For
>> example, I have Apache running and it serves up pages to Scamper
>> without a problem.
>> Any ideas? Thanks for your help.
>
> Hmm... maybe Scamper doesn't like relative paths in forwards (looks
> like that what it's getting).  What if you now try going to:
>
> http://localhost:9090/seaside/rate/main/k=1;00fe7b62-84ba-11d7-973a-
> 000393575eca
>
> (ie, is it the url or the redirect that is giving you problems?)
>
> I've never used Scamper but I think others have used it with Seaside,
> surely.  At least you have the benefit of being able to trace through
> the code. :)
>
> Julian

Good idea, but that didn't work. When I tried that I saw a similar
Transcript message (which, by the way, does not appear when I access
Seaside from non-Scamper browsers).

I assumed that many people on this list used Scamper with Seaside;
perhaps I was mistaken.

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm at io.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
"HTML belongs in email the way vinyl siding belongs on gerbils.  Sure