[Seaside] XUL

Eric Hodel drbrain at segment7.net
Mon May 12 18:59:36 CEST 2003

Stephen Pair (stephen at pairhome.net) wrote:

> Has anyone built any applications using XUL (as opposed to HTML...see
> http://xulplanet.com for more info)...I'm considering building an
> application using Seaside for the server and XUL for the GUI (it needs a
> richer UI than HTML can provide).  XUL seems like a nice alternative
> because it's supported by Mozilla/Gecko and thus runs on any platform.

I've written several things in XUL, but haven't done any such work in
ages.  Thinks have changed a bit, but not too much.

It seems the focus nowadays is to use SOAP/XML-RPC to communicate
with XUL (or, at least, that's what the webpages are written about).
There's no reason things couldn't be done with Seaside, though.

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain at segment7.net - http://segment7.net
All messages signed with fingerprint: