[Seaside] VW Port

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon May 12 23:45:43 CEST 2003

On Mon, 12 May 2003, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> A first release of SmallWiki will be available soon and there is already a
> bunch of plug-ins underway, written by students of a Smalltalk course. You
> might download the current version from Cincom StORE, the bundle is called
> 'SmallWiki' and there is also a bundle with some simple examples called
> 'SmallWiki Examples'.

Great, I'll check it out.

> Note, that the current implementation was done using VisualWorks and it does
> use Swazoo as a web-server. A port of the model to Squeak should be pretty
> easy, as I am not using any dialect specific classes and libraries.
> Actually, you will certainly recognize my background as a Seaside programmer
> in the code ;-)

<g>
Yes, that HTML generation code does look awfully familiar...
How close is it under the hood to what Seaside does?  Do you have any
refinements to the approach that we could steal?

> There is a running version at http://kilana.unibe.ch:9090, so you might have
> a look at the web-interface.

Looks good.  I like the way you do folders (although it seems like a
folder might want some content of its own as well as children), and the
plugin stuff looks cool.

What do you think of Swazoo?  Anything that would be good to add to either
Comanche or Seaside?

Avi