[Seaside] The best combination of stuff for SeaSide?

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Mon May 19 10:57:39 CEST 2003

  Hello,

  Now I found that I need to develop some web application to feed
myself.  This application requires database connectivity to possibly
MySQL, to generate rather plain web pages, to let the client download
CSV files, and (yes) Japanese character handling.

  I would like to know that what is the typical (best) configuration
to use to build such application.  It seems that the
multilingualization package works on 3.4, so if I don't have to move
to 3.5 to take advantage of latest SeaSide/Commanche stuff, I would
rather stay at 3.4.  If you guys highly recommend to move to 3.5, I
can do that actually.

  I once tried the MySQL driver with m17n package and it seemed to
work with some modification.  But it was on 3.4 so I would like to
know how MySQL package works in 3.5 from your experiences.

  Thank you,

-- Yoshiki