[Seaside] The best combination of stuff for SeaSide?

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Mon May 19 16:18:47 CEST 2003

  Avi

> >   Now I found that I need to develop some web application to feed
> > myself.  This application requires database connectivity to possibly
> > MySQL
>
> You say "possibly" - does that mean there is some choice in the database?
> I ask because the options for PostgreSQL are generally better, in Squeak,
> than those for MySQL (like being able to use GLORP or Roe).

  It does mean that any database software is an option.  If PostgreSQL
is "better" (in what sense?), I can go with PostgreSQL.  I thought
MySQL is lightweight and easier to work with on my laptop computer.
(Of course, later I'll set up a Linux box to host the back-end
database.)

> >   I would like to know that what is the typical (best) configuration
> > to use to build such application.  It seems that the
> > multilingualization package works on 3.4, so if I don't have to move
> > to 3.5 to take advantage of latest SeaSide/Commanche stuff, I would
> > rather stay at 3.4.  If you guys highly recommend to move to 3.5, I
> > can do that actually.
>
> I see no reason to move to 3.5; I mostly work in 3.4 still myself.

  Thank you.  I read some announcements from Stephan Pair on the
CommancheNG.  Is it a good idea to adapt it (them?) at this point?

  Thank you again,

-- Yoshiki