[Seaside] The best combination of stuff for SeaSide?

Stephen Pair stephen at pairhome.net
Mon May 19 13:20:49 CEST 2003

Avi Bryant wrote:

>However, if the Seaside app is just one part of a larger collection of
>things you need your server to do (like serve static files and manage
>virtual hosts), then there's some nice stuff in Comanche 6.1.  I'm not
>sure it's there yet in terms of stability (I've seen some quirks in 6.1
>that weren't there in 5.1) but Stephen is putting a lot of work into it so
>I'm sure any problems won't last long.

Yoshiki,

The more I think about this, the more I'm inclined to encourage you to
use Comanche 6.1.  I don't know what quirks Avi is referring to (and I'm
sure they can be easily addressed), but 6.1 is more about cleaning up
Comanche (as compared with 5.1) than about bells and whistles.  For
example, Comanche 5.1 doesn't properly handle Http/1.1 persistent
connections, whereas 6.1 does.

As for stability of the code base, Comanche 6.1 is in Beta, which means
that I won't be adding any features to 6.1, only bug fixes.  As for
operational stability, the overall architecture of Comanche 6.1 is a lot
cleaner, which I believe will yield a much more stable web serving platform.

- Stephen