[Seaside] The best combination of stuff for SeaSide?

Stephen Pair stephen at pairhome.net
Mon May 19 13:54:52 CEST 2003

This sounds like a platform difference in the way FileDirectory>>exists
works.  What does the following expression give you (where resourceDir
is a FileDirectory on your resources directory).

    (FileDirectory on: (resourceDir fullNameFor: '5b.jpeg')) exists

There is a test in ModDir>>processHttp that looks to see if there is a
directory that matches the URL...if there is, and there is no trailing
slash, then a redirect is generated to add the trailing slash.  It looks
like you're getting that redirect, which probably means that the test
(FileDirectory>>exists) is answering true, even when the item is a file
and not a directory.

- Stephen

Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Stephen,
>
> although this is not a Seaside related question, I risk to ask it here
> anyway: I've just downloaded Comanche 6.1 from SM today and setup the
> following configuration to map all the requests beginning with
> '/seaside' to WAKom and all beginning with '/resources' to a local
> directory:
>
>     | module |
>     module := ModuleAssembly core.
>     module alias: '/seaside' to: [
>         module addPlug: [ :request | self seaside process: request ] ].
>     module alias: '/resources' to: [
>         module documentRoot: self resourcePath.
>         module directoryIndex: 'index.html index.htm'.
>         module serveFiles ].
>     (HttpService startOn: 8080 named: 'PLKom')
>         plug: module rootModule.
>
> On Windows it works perfectly, but on Macintosh I have troubles
> accessing files (the file listing works perfectly):
>
> What I type in the browser:
> http://..../resources/5b.jpeg
>
> What I get from the server:
> The requested URL /resources/5b.jpeg/ was not found on this server
>
> Thanks for any help (or corrections, if I am doing something wrong),
> relating this problem
> Lukas

- Stephen
_________