[Seaside] stupid newbie questions: config to get started

Tim Mansfield timbomb at timbomb.net
Wed May 21 01:01:15 CEST 2003

I've been trying to get started with Seaside, but I keep getting stymied on
where to find things. The web seems littered with old references to extinct
versions of comanche in particular, but a few old tutorials on Seaside that
point to odd places. Is this because ownership of the code has moved from
person to person or something or are things just so active that it's hard
to keep everything consistent?

 From a rank newbie's perspective, it seems a little hard to get stuff
sorted to the point of getting started actually building something. I may
be dumb, thought.

Once I discovered SqueakMap, I figured I was saved, so I loaded the most
recently mapped version (as of this morning) of ComancheNG and Seaside, and
tried following the "Updated Tutorial" at:

http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/sea/64

(which seems to have fallen off the web today, my machine can't resolve the
domain name, oddly)

But when I tried

WAKom startOn: 9090

it didn't seem to work, or at least my browser couldn't open
http://localhost:9090

What am I doing wrong? Any guidance gratefully appreciated.

Since I'm in that phase where I'm running into lots of pages that seem old,
would it be useful if I collected references to them and passed them on to
someone or tried to fix them?

Thanks for any help,

Tim