[Seaside] The best combination of stuff for SeaSide?

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Fri May 23 11:36:47 CEST 2003

  Nevin,

> GLORP 0.2.18 can *only* use the PostgreSQL driver that comes with it
> (version 0.8.1).  I have no idea what will happen by loading both of
> them as you have done.

  My email wasn't clear, but I haven't loaded both.  I just *saw* the
"requires" line in the PostgreSQL driver 0.9 description, heh heh.

> And, PostgreSQL driver 0.8.1 does *not* need the ANSI compatibility suite.

  Ok.  That's good to know.

> It is quite possible that your "attachments" have code in them that
> corrects whatever might have gotten broken by loading the things you
> did, but a better approach is to just port the latest GLORP again
> (0.2.26, or whatever version # it is up to now), which I intend to do
> before too long.  When I do that, I will also include whatever is the
> latest PostgreSQL driver at that time.

  Thank you for your suggestion.  I'll write my code as independent
from GLORP version or such as possible, and see if upgrading to the
newer version will make sense.

-- Yoshiki