[Seaside] Is there a programmatic way to go "back"

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Tue May 27 12:51:34 CEST 2003

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Derek Brans wrote:

> Is there a seaside way to go "back" without hitting the back button?

Depends what you mean.  Generally a "back" link would mean something
specific in the context of your app - return to the screen I just came
from (which might mean sending "self answer"), or change to the record I
was just looking at (which might mean something like "index := index -
1").

If you really want to simulate the back button exactly as if the user had
pressed it in the browser (but why? the button is there if the user wants
it), the simplest way is probably to use Javascript (I don't remember the
exact code but it might be something like skip(-1)).