[Seaside] new snapshot, VW, emailing stack traces

Pennell, David DPennell at quallaby.com
Wed May 28 17:57:28 CEST 2003

> I'm also going to start putting up versions that can file in cleanly to VW
(not that they'll work, just file in).
> So David, if you're there, you might want to grab
>
> http://beta4.com/seaside2/downloads/SeasideVW2.3b2.st
>
> and let me know how it works.  All it should take is the FileOut30 parcel
loaded.

I took a few minutes to file this in and found the following:

- You also need to load the SUnit parcel.
- TestCase is Xprogramming.Sunit.TestCase
- WADateTable>>renderContentOn: still has curly braces.
  This brings up one of those syntax error windows that you can't recover
from.  I edited the orignal file and started over.
- UndefinedObject>>renderOn: doesn't file in because UndefinedObject
class>>methodsFor: is disabled in VW 7.
  You can just proceed from this.
- WAApplicationList class>>initialize fails in
WAApplication>>takePreferences: because VW's Array does not have
#associationsDo:
  Change #associationsDo: to #do: and proceed
- WAApplicationList class>>initialize fails because FillInTheBlank does not
exist in VW
  Change FillInTheBlank to Dialog, save and proceed

There are still lots of classes in Undeclared and lots of missing methods,
but being able
to easily filein is a huge step forward.

-david