[Seaside] new snapshot, VW, emailing stack traces

Pennell, David DPennell at quallaby.com
Wed May 28 19:47:49 CEST 2003

>> I took a few minutes to file this in and found the following:
>
> Thanks for taking the time.  I'll post a new version soon to try to
resolve these...

No problem, I really appreciate you tackling this on your side.

>> - You also need to load the SUnit parcel.
>> - TestCase is Xprogramming.Sunit.TestCase
>
> Is there anything I easily do to automate this?

A quick and dirty solution would be to create a subclass of
XProgramming.SUnit.TestCase in the Smalltalk namespace.  This could be a
small
pre-requisite filein for post VW5i and wouldn't be needed for those still
running VW3 (at least one person wants this).

>> - UndefinedObject>>renderOn: doesn't file in because UndefinedObject
>> class>>methodsFor: is disabled in VW 7.
>
> Interesting.  Why??

There is a comment about disabling it so that fileins of methods on
nonexistent classes
will bring up a notifier.  It's a little irritating in this case, but you
can just proceed through it.

>> There are still lots of classes in Undeclared and lots of missing
>> methods, but being able to easily filein is a huge step forward.
>
> There isn't a simple way to get a complete list of these, is there? Since
I'm writing code to create these VW fileOuts, one thing it could do is copy
in > whatever support methods (or classes) from Squeak are needed.

I can easily send you a list of the classes in Undeclared.  I'm not sure of
the best way to find the missing methods - there is a lot of noise in the
transcript.

Here are the contents of the "Undeclared" namespace after filein:

#Base64MimeConverter
#Browser
#Continuation
#cookies and #headers from WAResponse>>initialize
#Display
#FileDirectory
#HttpRequest
#IllegalResumeAttempt
#ImageSegment
#MessageTally
#PackageManager
#RBParser (Refactory.Browser.RBParser in VW)
#RWBinaryOrTextStream
#SeasideVWInfo (referenced but not defined in filein)
#Sensor
#SMTPSocket
#Utilities
#UUID
#WAConfirmingCounter
#WAInformingCounter
#WAKom
#WeakIdentityKeyDictionary (VW has WeakDictionary.  The first line of the
class comment says:
	I am a dictionary whose valueArray is a WeakArray. I am fully
protocol-compatible with IdentityDictionary.
	The lookup is done using == rather than =.
#WeakSet
	VW doesn't have one of these.  I HACKED up one as a subclass of
WeakDictionary in my first port.