[Seaside] VW Port

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Nov 6 06:10:07 CET 2003

On Nov 5, 2003, at 8:37 PM, Pennell, David wrote:

> I just published a port of version 59 from SqueakMap to the Cincom
> public
> repository.
> You can download the Seaside-WebToolKit bundle and all of the
> pre-requisites
> will come along.

Great!  Many thanks.

> Has anybody done anything for unit testing Seaside?  It sure would be
> nice
> to have a test suite to run after one of these porting exercises.

It sure would.  I'm happy to support any effort someone wants to make
to provide a test suite (oh, and documentation - I will support *and*
send pizza to anyone that starts a serious documentation effort).  I
suspect it's one of those things that will fall to me to do, however,
in which case - I'm happy to accept donations to the Seaside
Documentation and Testing Foundation so that I can carve out some time
to work on that.  So far, neither of those things have been a priority
for any of our clients, unfortunately.

More long term, whenever the next major revision of Seaside begins,
I'll definitely make a concerted effort to take a more test-first
approach.  I agree, it's getting too unwieldy not to have them.

Cheers,
Avi