[Seaside] VW Port - Problem fixed

Roger Whitney whitney at cs.sdsu.edu
Thu Nov 6 16:52:48 CET 2003

David,
	I found the problem. EphemeronDictionary was not being used in the
version I downloaded. I did download the latest version of all three
bundles. I modified SeasidePlatformSupport class>>weakDictionaryOfSize:
as below. When I used the EphemeronDictionary Seaside seems rock solid.
I was able to make 2000 new requests without any problem, which was not
possible before. Now I am a happy camper. Thanks again for the work on
the port.

SeasidePlatformSupport class>>weakDictionaryOfSize: size

	^EphemeronDictionary new: size

On Wednesday, November 5, 2003, at 10:58  PM, Roger Whitney wrote:

> David,
> 	Thanks for all the work. I was able to install this version without
> any problems. The Base64 stuff does work. The EphemeronDictionary does
> make it more stable. I still get random errors of the same type as
> before, but fewer of them. Before it was not possible for the
> following to run without the error occurring.

----
Roger Whitney              Department of Computer Science
whitney at cs.sdsu.edu        San Diego State University
http://www.eli.sdsu.edu/   San Diego, CA 92182-7720
(619) 583-1978
(619) 594-3535 (office)