[Seaside] HTTP Server Structure

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Nov 17 23:34:47 CET 2003

On Nov 17, 2003, at 7:57 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> For example, what is the right/simple way to serve some static files ?
> There seem to be several ways of doing it, but I can't get any of them
> to work reliably. Where can I learn more about this ?

I'm curious what the several ways are that you tried, and which of them
were unreliable.

Personally, if I had a lot of static files and I wanted them served
fast, I would let Apache do it, and graft my Seaside application into
Apache's URL space using mod_proxy.

On the other hand, if I had only a few static files and wanted the
simplest deployment package, I would suck them into the image (maybe
even managing them as Smalltalk source by sticking them into a string
literal somewhere), and use the #anchorWithDocument: methods.