[Seaside] DIV actions

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Wed Nov 19 15:05:08 CET 2003

On 19 Nov 2003, at 13:51, Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com wrote:

> what is the best way to bind a DIV tag "clicked"/script
> to a smalltalk method? I want to get the same effect as in the
> Calculator article - clicking on a rectangle without
> using a special style for active links (since this also
> changes the links in the toolbar)

The fact that other A tags (in casu the toolbar elements) change, is
because of the example, we didn't go all the way with the CSS: it would
have been better to limit the scope of the A styling to the calculator
div (but that was a bit more work).

Don't use JavaScript for such simple things - it will bite you (make
your site less portable) in the end.

Read Jeffry Zeldman's Designing With Web Standards
(http://www.zeldman.com) is you're not convinced.

HTH,

Sven