[Seaside] HTTP Performance

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed Nov 19 21:31:43 CET 2003

On Nov 19, 2003, at 6:32 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> Then I decided to do a simple benchmark to really compare HTTP
> performance:
>
>   http://homepage.mac.com/svc/DW-Bench/index.html
>
> I compared dynamic and static HTTP performance of JBoss, Lisp and
> Smalltalk.

One quick note - when you're benchmarking Seaside, you are always
hitting the same session, which probably isn't a realistic load.
Seaside serializes requests to a single session, so even though you are
running ab with concurrency at 4, you are not actually getting any
concurrency there.  If it were possible to use rotating URLs in your
benchmarks, you might see better results (you might not, of course).  I
don't think ab has a mode to do this, though...

Avi