[Seaside] HTTP Performance

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Wed Nov 19 23:02:05 CET 2003

On 19 Nov 2003, at 19:03, Andreas Raab wrote:

> If you're interested in improving these matters then write a benchmark
> which
> a poor VM guy like myself is able to understand ;-) IOW, I don't use
> Comanche, I don't use Seaside (this time without the capital "S" ;) so
> if
> you want to improve things get us something we can run on a single
> machine
> without a huge setup beforehand. I'm sure Ian would be happy to work
> on this
> as well provided that you can come up with a benchmark that shows the
> problem.

The only alternative is to write a small/silly mini http server, like
in 1 class. But it has to be multi threaded to be interesting too. All
this isn't very hard. If I find some time, I'll give it a try.

On the other hand, getting Comanche 6.2 from SqueakMap isn't that much
work. I think the performance problem is mostly in plain HTTP
processing - adding Seaside to the mix is not needed, and will indeed
complicate things too much.