[Seaside] HTTP Performance

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Nov 20 03:38:26 CET 2003

In message <760461CD-1AFB-11D8-8893-000A95DB7844 at beta4.com>
          Avi Bryant <avi at beta4.com> wrote:

> This was using the unix VM (3.6g2).  For some odd reason, doing this on
> the Carbon VM (3.6.1beta3) had the opposite effect - performance
> dropped to 2 requests per second (!).  I'll have to look into this
> more.
My guess on that would be that the lowest level default for checking IO
is every 500mS. See Interpreter>checkForInterrupts.

I'm convinced there is some funny business going on somwhere in the
IO/interrupt world. My machine is _far_ too slow at morphic for it's
compute performance. This may  all be related.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in
aure. = I can't hear you. I have a banana in my ear.